Terms of Service
By accessing this website or using Green Genomix's Services we assume you accept these terms and conditions in full. These Terms and Conditions apply to any use of the Services or interaction with this website. Do not continue to use Green Genomix's website if you do not accept all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements: "TOS" refers to these Terms of Service. “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner, whether by formal meetings of a fixed duration, or any other means, for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services/products, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Whether you submit your own saliva sample or a saliva sample for anyone for whom you have legal authority to agree, or otherwise provide your own Genetic Information, you may not use the Services and may not accept the TOS if (1) you are not of legal age to form a binding contract with Green Genomix, or (2) you are a person prohibited from receiving the Services under the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are resident or from which you use the Services. In addition to the conditions above, if you contribute or otherwise provide your own Genetic Information, you must be eighteen (18) years of age or older to agree to these TOS on behalf of yourself or those for whom you have legal authority to agree.
- If you consent to participate in Green Genomix Research, Green Genomix researchers can include your de-identified genetic information and the information that you self-report to the company in a large pool of customer data for analyses aimed at making scientific discoveries.
- You understand that information you learn from Green Genomix is not designed to diagnose, prevent, or treat any condition or disease. You understand that the Green Genomix services are intended for research, informational, and educational purposes only. You acknowledge that Green Genomix urges you to seek the advice of your physician or other health care provider if you have questions or concerns arising from your Genetic Information.
- You give permission to Green Genomix, its contractors, successors and assignees to perform genotyping services on the DNA extracted from your saliva sample and you specifically request Green Genomix to disclose the results of analyses performed on your DNA to you and to others you specifically authorize.
- You represent that you are eighteen (18) years of age or older if you are providing a saliva sample or accessing your Genetic Information.
- Any sample you provide to Green Genomix or its affiliates or service providers is either your DNA or the DNA of a person for whom you are the legal guardian of or have obtained legal authorization from.
- You are affirming that you are not an insurance company or an employer attempting to obtain information about an insured person or an employee.
- You take responsibility for all possible consequences resulting from your sharing with others access to your Genetic Information and your Self-Reported Information.
- Waiver of Property Rights: You understand that by providing any sample, having your Genetic Information processed, accessing your Genetic Information, or providing Self-Reported Information, you acquire no rights in any research or commercial products that may be developed by Green Genomix or its partners. You specifically understand that you will not receive compensation for any research or commercial products that include or result from your Genetic Information or Self-Reported Information.
In the event of a violation of the preceding representations, Green Genomix has the right to suspend or terminate part of or the entirety of any and all current or future use of the Services on a temporary or permanent basis at its sole discretion and without notice and you will defend and indemnify Green Genomix and its affiliates against any liability, costs, or damages arising out of the breach of the representation.
Privacy and Personal Information
Unlawful and Prohibited Use
You represent and affirm to Green Genomix that you will not use the Services:
- For any purpose that is unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory, or prohibited by these TOS.
- To misrepresent your identity or affiliation in any way.
- To disclose or obtain another's personal information, or collect information about users of Green Genomix's Service.
- To Gain unauthorized access to this website, or assist others to gain unauthorized access, or to disclose users' names or personally identifiable information, or to gain or provide unauthorized access to other computers or websites connected or linked to this website.
- To launch or use any automated system, including without limitation, "robots," "spiders,"or "offline readers," that access this website in a manner that sends more request messages to our servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional web browser.
- To damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Services or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Services.
- To send or otherwise transmit to or through this website or to us through email chain letters, unsolicited messages, so-called "spamming" or "phishing" messages, messages marketing or advertising goods and services.
- To transmit or otherwise make available any virus, worm, spyware or any other computer code, file or program that may or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of any hardware, software or telecommunications equipment.
- To violate any applicable laws or regulations or these TOS.
- To assist or permit any persons in engaging in any of the activities described above.
Green Genomix grants you a limited license to copy and distribute free of charge, for non-commercial purposes only, any results that may be provided to you, unless marked as not subject to this limited license. For example, you may print one or more copies of the results reported to you and share them with your physician or family member.
You acknowledge and agree that Green Genomix (or Green Genomix’s licensors, as applicable) owns all legal right, title, and interest in and to the Services and its entire contents, features, and functionality, including any intellectual property rights which subsist in the Services or content whether those rights happen to be registered or not, and wherever in the world those rights may exist. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may view and/or print pages from http://greengenomix.com for your own personal use subject to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from http://greengenomix.com
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from http://greengenomix.com
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from http://greengenomix.com
Redistribute content from Green Genomix (unless content is specifically made for redistribution).
No resale of service
Other than pursuant to the terms of the preceding License of this TOS or unless otherwise agreed in a separate agreement between you and Green Genomix, you agree not to display, distribute, license, perform, publish, reproduce, duplicate, copy, create derivative works from, modify, sell, resell, exploit, transfer, or transmit for any commercial purposes, all or any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service.
The Service provides, and third parties may provide, links to other sites and resources on the Internet. Because Green Genomix has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that Green Genomix is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that Green Genomix shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods, or services available on or through any such hyperlinked site or resource.
Limitation of Liability
Within the limits allowed by applicable laws, you expressly acknowledge and agree that Green Genomix shall not be liable for any tangible or intangible damages or losses, resulting from: (1) the use or inability to use the services, (2) any action you take based on the information you receive through or from the services, (3) your failure to keep your results secure and confidential, (4) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data, (5) the improper authorization for the services by an entity claiming such authority, or (6) statements or conduct of any third party on the services.
Green Genomix has no special relationship with or fiduciary duty to you. THE SITES AND SERVICES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY CONTENT) ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” AND ARE WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY ANY COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE, ALL OF WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. GREEN GENOMIX, OR ANYONE ELSE INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DELIVERING THE SERVICES OR THE INFORMATION, SERVICES AND MATERIALS CONTAINED THEREIN (1) DO NOT ASSUME ANY LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, QUALITY, COMPATIBILITY, SECURITY, ERROR-FREE NATURE, OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICES AND MATERIALS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICES; (2) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY USE OF OR RELIANCE ON THE SITES, CONTENT, OR SERVICES, OR FOR ANY DISRUPTIONS TO OR DELAY IN THE SITES, CONTENT, OR SERVICES; AND (3) DO NOT WARRANT THAT: (A) THE SERVICES WILL BE SECURE OR AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION; (B) ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; (C) ANY CONTENT AVAILABLE AT OR THROUGH THE SERVICES IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; OR (D) THE RESULTS OF USING THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THE STATED PURPOSE. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
GREEN GENOMIX DOES NOT OFFER MEDICAL ADVICE. ANY INFORMATION ACCESSED THROUGH THE SITE AND SERVICES, OR WITHIN GREEN GENOMIX'S SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES OR CHANNELS IS FOR INFORMATIONAL AND EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY, IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT, AND IS NOT INTENDED TO COVER ALL POSSIBLE USES, DIRECTIONS, PRECAUTIONS, OR ADVERSE EFFECTS. SUCH INFORMATION INCLUDES, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIRD-PARTY MATERIALS, USER CONTENT, AND GREEN GENOMIX GENERATED CONTENT ORIGINATING FROM USER CONTENT. THE INFORMATION ON THE SITE AND SERVICES PROVIDED VIA GREEN GENOMIX SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES AND CHANNELS SHOULD NOT BE USED FOR DIAGNOSIS OR TREATMENT OF A MEDICAL CONDITION. ALWAYS CONSULT A PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH PROVIDER IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE MEDICAL CONDITION. NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY IN SEEKING IT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ ON THIS SITE, THROUGH GREEN GENOMIX'S SERVICES, OR ON GREEN GENOMIX'S SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES AND CHANNELS.
Billing. When you pay by credit card, you represent and warrant that you and/or your Representative are authorized to use such credit card, and you agree to pay all charges incurred using your account. You agree that we may disclose your credit card information and related personal information to our designated service provider(s) for the purpose of charging you for the Services you ordered.
Refunds. When you pay by credit card, your purchase is subject to the following refund terms. Any refunds provided under these terms will be issued to the credit card(s) used for the purchase and will be processed within 35 business days. If you change your mind about using our Services before we ship your kit(s), contact us at email@example.com to request a cancellation of one or more kits from your order. Your request must be received and confirmed by team@greengenomix before the kit(s) is/are shipped in order to be eligible for a full refund. If you change your mind after you receive your collection kit(s), but before you have shipped your sample(s) back to us, you may cancel all or part of your order and receive a refund of the purchase price less a processing fee of $25 per kit. You will need to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a refund and get further instructions. We are unable to issue any refunds once you have shipped your sample back to us.Note: You are reading an old version of this document. Click here to read the current version.